Thursday, January 8, 2009

Tribute to Bryce by big bro Tyler

I thought that creating a blog for Bryce would be a good way for many of his friends and family to express what he meant to them and maybe share a few stories, pictures, videos, etc. You might wish to write how you knew Bryce, what you liked about him, and share stories of experiences you had with him. If many of his friends post here I'll compile the stories and remembrances and make a book out of it for his parents, so please write from your heart.

What I remember about Bryce.
Bryce has always done his own thing. Once, when he was barely old enough to walk, he went missing for several hours. Mom freaked out and we called the police and all of our friends and everyone started searching the streets. He was found about a mile from our house just kicking it, looking at some horses. I guess we should have paid closer attention when he expressed his desire to see the horses. That was one of many times that Bryce turned up missing because he wanted to see or do something.

Another thing that touched me about Bryce recently was how he interacted with his niece and nephew. Bryce didn't really know how to act around kids and it was pretty obvious. But that didn't stop him from trying. While we were visiting in November he tried wrestling with Eli and awkwardly held Sharon for as long as she could tolerate it. As we've skyped a few times since then Bryce will get behind the webcam and simply hang out. He didn't really know what to say but he wanted his niece and nephew to see who he was and that he cared. I guess Bryce is like that--he's not too flashy but he really cares.

I'm going to miss you Bryce. Love your big bro,
Tyler

4 comments:

  1. Well what is there to say about a good brother like Bryce. He was a very kind person to everyone that he knew and he was always there to help. The one thing that my family and i will never forget about him is his kindness, meekness, love and everything that he did for us. He will always be remembered by all his friends and family. Oh and Bryce i promise you that when we come we gonna be ready to take that perfect picture that you promised to take when you come visit us......you will always be in our hearts and prayers, we love you alot big brother ...Simone aka Cinnamon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tyler, is there an easy way to post on this blog or do I need "permissions" to do so? Or, would you like us to just post comments? If you would like to grant posting permission, my email is brnielsen44@gmail.com. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I didn't think about that. For any of you that would like to post about Bryce please send me your email address (to tylerchristensen@tyandnat.com) and I will add you as an author of this blog so you can write, post pictures, videos, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there.
    I'm really sorry to hear what happened to Bryce. I'm an LDS member from Australia and just randomly stopped on this page to offer my condolences. Even though I didn't know Bryce but still I thought it'll be respectful to stop by. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

    God bless

    x

    ReplyDelete