Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Thoughts from his misisonary brother Elderdallinchristensen.blogspot.com

It's been a tough week, but I've been very blessed. It was great to see you on Wednesday, but very bittersweet. It sounds like you've had a lot of people to talk to and a lot of support. I'm glad that you were able to talk to all of Bryce's friends. Hopefully he inspired a few of them to be better.
It's sort of funny, you mentioned reading through Bryce's journal, and Kira mentioned specifically that Bryce had so much potential that she never quite saw. I guess I got a different perspective from all of the other kids because I lived with Bryce when he was in high school. I definitely saw that potential that Kira talked about. But he definitely down played everything and tried to lay low. But it was amazing after his mission to see that he was starting to really live life to the fullest.
It's amazing how much comfort and peace I have had this week. Especially on Wednesday and Thursday, as soon as the day was over and my missionary duties were done, my thoughts and feelings came over me like a flood. I feel like the Lord allowed everything to be suppressed so that I could do my work, but once the work was done, I got everything rushed at me. So nights are definitely hard because I have time to think. During the day, I am usually so busy that I don't have time to ponder or think too much about anything but missionary work.

No comments:

Post a Comment