Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Mom's cooking


I was remembering yesterday how just a couple of weeks ago Bryce had told Willy to make sure he let him know the next time I made my Mexican Enchiladas. Well I served a spanish mission and learned how to make what I think, are the very BEST Chicken Enchiladas. I guess Bryce heard from Willy how good they are and he wanted to try them. Well, just a couple weeks ago i made these delicious enchiladas and Willy told Bryce to come over right after church and eat some. Both Bryce and Brad showed up to eat the pan I had saved for them. They both scarfed them down so fast and Bryce told me 2 or 3 times he thought they were really good. Then I asked... "Bryce, aren't they the BEST enchiladas in the whole world!?" he shocked me when he replied, "yeah, they're way good.... almost as good as my mom's." WHAT! "almost?" i answered. Bryce looked at me and smiled, I could tell he was being careful with his words. "they're really good" he said, "but.... my mom makes really good ones too." I sat there for quite some time and tried to force Bryce to tell me they were better than his mom's cooking. Then I tried to get him to say they were equally as good. It was useless. Bryce confirmed that he loved my enchiladas, but they still didn't top his Mom's delicious cooking. I think I'm going to have to try your enchiladas Wynette.

~ Mary Wollenzien

I'm going to miss that funny kid.

1 comment: