Sunday, August 19, 2012

Snail Mail

3-25-2008
It's funny you don't quite realize how much you love your family until you sit at a internet cafe half way around the world a year and a half apart looking at pictures of all your smiling faces and it hit me just how important families really are.  They are basically the core of everything when you peel or break down all the different layers in life and whats left is your family.  Mom...you wrote in one of your letters about how you were sorry for not writing all the time because you get busy with lots of "good things".  I'm not rebuking you but it just reminded me how in a Zone Conf. we learned about not doing "good things" but that we should do the "better things" ( like sending more letters to your poor son in Africa) ha.  Just kidding but I think for us to really grow in the short period of time that we are tested, to see how much we can grow we need to not do "good things" or even "better things" but we need to do the "best things" eh, it's difficult though that's why we have to encourage each other like we are all each others personal trainer or something.  I don't write home on paper enough like I should but I am really trying to do the "best things" and I am so grateful for your love and support.  Mission has been such an amazing experience, I have been out here long enough that I can look back and reflect on all of the miracles and growth that I have seen in myself and others.  I don't say these things to boast, but like Ammon says, "yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things (the best things) yea, behold, many miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise His name forever. ( Alma 26:12)   I am glad that I still have time left here and forever to preach the gospel.  I hope I can never lose sight of this light and clear perspective that I feel at this time. 
Dallin!  Listen to your long haired grizzly brother.  Now! is the time for you to prepare for your mission.  You may think that you are already preparing but the bar is high and it is getting higher.  How high can you jump?  Can you teach the first discussion?  Have you gone out with the full time missionaries?  Do you know your purpose? I know I didn't do as well as I should have in preparing for my mission.  In fact I think I just cleared the bar.  I've struggled intensely at times to make up for it.  You don't have to.  Prepare now, jump a little higher.
Family:  I know that the Church is true.  That's the easy way to say that I know that God has given us all the things we need to gain eternal life.  We just need to use all those things that he has given us.  I know that it is because of the Savior that we have access to these thing.  It is past my bedtime but I just wanted to let you kn9ow that i love you and that all is well.  I can't really tell you things often enough.  You know how I struggle with the emails.  I hope you enjoy your day and I encourage you to do the "best things".  Sincerely and yes forever, Elder C.

No comments:

Post a Comment