Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Bryce's Talk Before Going to South Africa



This is Bryce 5 years ago at Christmas time wearing his great DI find...a girl's club jacket from England.  He got home from South Africa in time for the holidays.   It has been a time of reflection and remembering.  There is just something about 5 years being gone that seems significant...and then it will be the ten year mark, etc.
 It is interesting to see how our thoughts about Bryce continue to flow.  I sometimes wonder if we lived in a different house where all his scratch marks, doors in the cupboard that don't close right because he would hang on them as he decided what he wanted to eat, and his room that yells at me every time I enter were all gone ---that  my thoughts would not be jolted as much.  Sometimes I just have to stop and remember things.  It is as if he is reaching through the veil and saying...Mom do you think about this or that? 
Today was a day  like that.  I went down and got out his letters to the Mission President where  his letters home and  journal pages were included.  I never did finish all of it.  Some things are still too hard.  This was the find of the day...his talk that he gave before leaving for South Africa. 


No comments:

Post a Comment