Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Two Years Ago

Bryce wrote a final letter to President Probst before returning home.  It reflected much thought and maturity and I would like to post a section of it every few days.  It is probably the most precious letter I have and I am so grateful that President Probst thought to send it to us. 
What have I gained, learned and experienced in the South Africa Cape Town Mission that has blessed my life?
Well of course there are too many things that I gained, learned and experienced while serving a mission to even write down a fraction of those things so I will attempt to highlight some of the more important things, in no particular order: 
The First Presidency message on page V states:  More happiness awaits you than you have ever experienced as you labor among it's children. 
  I feel that my view of what happiness actually is, has become much clearer...those things we do in our life that make a lasting impact and cause others and ourselves to change for the better, bringing peace into our lives and lasting satisfaction--a clear view of what is important.
These things bring lasting happiness into our lives, and I know that it is possible because of the Atonement of Jesus Christ.  

1 comment:

  1. I love to see the growth in the young men as they serve our Heavenly Father and his children while they're on missions.

    Bryce certainly showed that growth through his thoughts in the letter. What a cherished possession!

    Wunette, sure do love ya! Take care!

    ReplyDelete