Friday, August 13, 2010

The Hot Pots and Bryce...Ringtones

This is one of my favorite pictures of Bryce.  He is holding MY cell phone that took he took over when  home from South Africa.  I used to get his friends calling  and I would have to explain that Bryce did not have his own cell phone  yes...this is my cell phone.  He took it to the Hot Pots in January and forgot it was in the pocket of his swimsuit.  Thus the demise of my cell phone.  Bryce was rather happy because he got a new cell phone out of the deal when I went to replace my ruined one.  He tried to make recompense  by downloading new ring tones for me.   I never knew what ring tone my mom had until out of the blue a long time later when Bryce was gone, she called my cell.  It was the Beatles, Eleanor Rigby.  Ahhh...look at all those lonely people.   It brought tears because I knew he was trying to remind me to remember the Grandmothers.  His sister Kira was given the song, "Under Pressure" which was appropriate considering she had just started her first job as an RM.   My hubby got a Beatles song also...She Loves You ..yeah, yeah, yeah.  Brooke's song....You're Beautiful....I saw your face in a crowded place.   I always thought that song was a little strange but Bryce had it as a ringtone before his mission for his friends.  His ringtone....Bob Marley.  I don't know the name of the song but he loved Bob Marley.  His ears could pick up the music of Bob in the Townships and it always made him happy. 
I was sad when I got home with my next new cell phone a month ago and none of the ringtones had copied over.  Neither did the picture of Bryce, Dallin and McKay that I had as my wallpaper.  Bryce has a tube of toothpaste up his nose, Dallin has a grapefruit and orange for eyes and McKay is in the middle of them looking cool.

Kim and I  went up to the hot pots yesterday.  We like to do Bryce things in August.  It was a beautiful day, no one was naked and there were few people soaking in the warm water.  We had to hurry because I had a meeting so we got up there, tested the water, said yep these are the hot pots, and hurried back down the trail.  It was great.
I am glad Bryce had some adventures when he got home.  Even at the sacrifice of my phone. Thanks Pete. 

No comments:

Post a Comment