Sunday, August 29, 2010

Bryces Friends

Cooking Steaks in Our Back Yard--Bryce's 19th Birthday
Bryce's Friends Today   

One of the "rituals" Bryce loved to do with his friends would be Macey's runs and cooking steaks over the grill with them.  He was pretty much a carnivore before going to South Africa but learned to like other foods during and post mission.  These cute boys have come over for Mother's Day, Bryce's birthdays, and on Jan. 7th.  They have come individually at different times to introduce their girlfriends, to bring flowers ( that would be Jessica), and to see how I am.  One particular memory was a day I was out in the front yard weeding the summer after Bryce's death.  I was really struggling with my thoughts and emotions when Brad drove up and came to see how I was.  I told him I thought Bryce had probably nudged him.  I am so grateful each time I see these friends because Bryce cared a lot about them.  They camped, shot guns, did paintball, fished, sat around the campfire, cooked, came home for lunch, played guitars, played Halo, rode long boards, and just hung out and did very weird and crazy things together.  They have taken really good care to make sure I know they haven't forgotten Bryce.  I sure love them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment