Monday, May 18, 2009

A Frog Named Jiko--Journal Entry from Bryce March 23, 2007

I caught a frog and named it Jiko and put it in a pot to keep him but he got out of the pot so I decided I needed to get rid of him, but I didn't want to put on a shirt and go outside, and the balcony was too high to throw him off, so I put him on the edge of the balcony to let him make his own decision. It was interesting to watch him jump from side to side, peeking over the edge, contemplating suicide. I have never felt so much concern or interest for a frog ever. As it paused at the edge, it was intense. I could feel my heart pounding and then Jiko made that terrific leap of death. As he lay motionless on the pavement below, Elder Later proclaimed him dead, but I had faith in my Jiko. I knew he was strong. we were very close. As about seconds that passed by seemed like minutes, we waited for signs of life. Then Jiko made the victorious leaps away from the pavement, proving he had what other frogs didn't. He was daring and brave. he was the greatest frog that had ever lived...he was my Jiko.

No comments:

Post a Comment