Friday, May 23, 2014

What Makes Memorial Day Important?



12 Sept. 2008  Well today we had our last Zone Conference.  It was me, Carroll, Donoho, and Warren.  Elder Young and his wife were there and spoke.  It was freezing.  I didn’t know what would happen when I bore my last Zone testimony.  Sister Young kept talking about things we should have done by the end of our missions and just before I got up to bear my testimony I thought of all the things I had learned, seen, felt and experienced on mission.  It was hard for me to get words out and I was crying.  It was weird.  I usually don’t get emotional and when I sat down afterwards, I felt a distinct warmth on my shoulders and back as if someone had put a warm blanket on me. 

Memorial Day is a great time to reflect and remember.  For behold, this life is the time for men to prepare to meet God; yea, behold the day of this life is the day for men to perform their labors.  Alma 34:32

No comments:

Post a Comment