Sunday, January 1, 2012

Bryce's Homecoming Talk Oct 2009


 Hello it is good to see everyone today. Well I really enjoyed my time serving a mission in South Africa, I am great full for all of the support that I have received while I have been gone, I know there are other’s out there that have had to choose between Serving a mission or having there family and friends accept them. I am especially great full for my family. I am happy that Dallin has the opportunity to now serve. I am excited to be back at home… everything is still a bit strange for me right now. I am already missing many things that I got to experience while I was serving in South Africa. I had so many experiences that have helped others and myself to grow in the gospel, one of the things that I got to experience the most was receiving direction and answers from prayer.  Over the past two years I have had the wonderful opportunity to teach many people about how to use the power of prayer.  As I have taught I have seen that there are many things that people don’t quite understand about prayer… I have also been able to enlarge my own understanding about this wonderful source of communication and guidance that we can have with our Heavenly Father. Today I will be speaking about 5 different key points that have helped me to use the power that can come through prayer. I pray that some of the things I share may be of benefit to you as it has been for me. The five points are.


1.     Having an understanding of who it is that we pray to.
2.     How do I pray? Why am I praying? What is it that you want? Be specific.
3.     Recognizing, responding, and understanding answers to prayers.
4.     Expressing gratitude and Accounting
5.     Making our prayers reach Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment